1. We recommend using a ratio of 75g of coffee per litre of water.
2. Weigh out as much coffee as you need for the size of your brew.
3. Grind the coffee on a coarse setting (similar to demerara sugar).
4. For best results, use filtered water with a low mineral content.
5. We recommend placing the french press on some weighing scales and tare to zero, so you can easily add the correct amount of water.
6. Boil the water, wait 20-30 seconds then pour onto the coffee.
7. Let the coffee steep for 4 minutes, then use a spoon to stir the crust of coffee grounds that sits on top.
8. For best results scoop off any floating foam and particles of coffee with a spoon.
9. Insert the plunger and press down gently. If you have time, wait a few minutes to pour your coffee. This will help reduce the amount of coffee fines that turn up in your cup.